WebDrive Canada is an award-winning web development, mobile development and social media firm. With locations in Montreal, and Ottawa, our team develops web sites, web applets, social media strategies, mobile applications, Flash animation and Facebook applications. Our clients include Finance Canada, Intel, the Canada Student Loans Program, The Toronto Star, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Health Canada, Elections Canada, Foreign Affairs, Bell Canada, Environment Canada and the Canadian Human Rights Commission, to name a few.
Our philosophy is simple… determine what users need and then develop innovative, easy to use, web and mobile-based applications to make their lives easier. This simple but unique approach has paid off. WebDrive is continuously recognized as one of Canada’s innovative firms and has been featured on CBC radio, in Canadian Government Executive magazine, at the Government Technology Exhibition and Conference, at the Social Media for Government Conference and at the Corporate Intranets Conference.
If you are interested being a part of a dynamic, growing company and enjoy being a founder in its success, we would like to meet you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
Current Positions: Intermediate Drupal Web Developer
Are you a passionate Drupal web developer looking to be part of the future of web and mobile development? Then join the WebDrive team.
The ideal candidate will have an intermediate level of Drupal (6 or 8) web development experience along with proficiency in front-end integration, testing, and project delivery best practices. They also have experience working with the Government of Canada and have worked on web accessibility projects (CLF and WCAG). Knowledge of XML, PHP, WordPress or Joomla and social media integration are desired. Experience with HTML5 and mobile platforms aren’t necessary but would be an asset.
- Participate in requirements gathering and project scoping
- Participate in conceptualization and ideation of projects
- Drupal 7 and 8 CMS server and site setup, extension management
- Web development and component integration
- Testing, QA and debugging
- Coordinate with IT suppliers and sub-contractors
- Develop system and user documentation
- Troubleshooting and 2nd level support
- College or university degree in Web Development or a related discipline
- 3-5 years Drupal web programming experience
- Strong experience in:
- Other open-source content management systems (Joomla, WordPress)
- Experience with the following is an asset:
- Social media components (Third-party APIs)
- Mobile development (iPhone/Android/Blackberry)
- MS SharePoint
- Must have a strong and diverse, verifiable website development portfolio
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (bilingualism is an asset, but English is a must)
- Must be results-driven, proactive, self-motivated, and a team player
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within defined timelines
- Must be able to work on a number of projects for a number of clients at the same time
- Must be detailed-oriented with an orderly, systematic approach to working
- Must have an interest in keeping current with web and mobile trends and new, innovative technologies